This document sets out the terms upon which Amanda Webb t/a Twin Cottage agrees to allow you to occupy and use Twin Cottage (of which details are set out on the booking form and on the website at www.twincottage.com) (the property) for the purpose of short term holiday accommodation.
1. Contract This Contract will be entered into and will become binding upon you when Amanda Webb emails to you a booking confirmation. This Contract shall be governed by and subject to the laws of England and Wales and any dispute arising between you and Amanda Webb shall be submitted to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Courts in England and Wales.
2. Payment A deposit of one half of the rental fee is payable upon booking if the booking is made more than thirteen weeks before the commencement of the rental. Non-payment of the balance of the rental on or before the due date shall be construed as a cancellation of the contract by the Customer. For bookings made less than thirteen weeks before the commencement of the rental the total rental fee is payable on booking. An invoice will be sent manually upon receipt of booking form (please contact us if you do not receive within 24 hours). Payment is preferred by online banking or if more convenient by card. All payment details will be on the invoice.
A booking confirmation will be sent upon receipt of payment. Please note that we are unable to hold or guarantee your booking until payment has been received.
3. Cancellations Any cancellation made by the Customer for whatever reason shall be in writing. If the booking is cancelled within two weeks of the arrival date, the entire rental fee will be forfeit. For cancellations made prior to two weeks before the arrival date, a percentage of the rental fee will be refundable, the percentage being calculated according to a sliding scale and increasing with the length of time between the date of cancellation and the arrival date. The amount of the cancellation fee constitutes Amanda Webb’s reasonable estimate of her losses arising out of a cancellation. Click here for full details of our policy regarding cancellations and movement of bookings. Amanda Webb strongly recommends Customers to take out Cancellation Insurance, details of which are set out in paragraph 4.
4. Cancellation Insurance Cancellation Insurance is not compulsory but we strongly recommend such insurance cover to protect against the cancellation penalty.
5. VAT Amanda Webb is not vat registered.
6. Period of Hire Rentals commence, unless otherwise notified, at 4 p.m. on the day of arrival and terminates at 10 a.m. on the day of departure.
7. Number of Persons in the property The number and names of persons occupying the property must not exceed the maximum number and names as stipulated in the booking confirmation. Amanda Webb reserves the right to refuse entry to the entire party if this condition is not observed.
8. Complaints Should there be any cause for complaint during the occupation of the property, it must be notified promptly to Amanda Webb and in the case of a serious problem confirmed in writing.
9. Care of the property The Customer shall take all reasonable and proper care of the property and its furniture, pictures, fittings and effects in or on the property and leave them in the same state of repair and in the same clean and tidy condition at the end of the rental period as at the beginning.
Smoking is not permitted in Twin Cottage.
The Customer undertakes not to do or permit anything on the premises which might cause a nuisance to the owner or neighbours.
10. Breakages or damage The Customer will be responsible, whether caused directly or indirectly by the Customer, for any damage or breakages to the property or its contents. In the event of damage to the property, the Customer will on an indemnity basis reimburse Amanda Webb the cost of repairing the damage. In the case of breakages, the Customer will on an indemnity basis reimburse Amanda Webb the cost of replacing (as new) or the cost of repairing the damaged item or items.
11. Pets Regrettably pets are not accepted at Twin Cottage.
12. Liability Amanda Webb, her employees and agents will not be liable for any loss or damage suffered by the Customer or any member of the Customer’s party or to their property, except where such loss or damage is due to the negligence of Amanda Webb, her employees or agents. In those circumstances, the liability of Amanda Webb to you will be limited to the loss or damage which was a foreseeable result of such negligence. Except in the case of death or personal injury resulting from such negligence, Amanda Webb’s total liability to you in respect of any breach of the terms and conditions or tort or other act or omission by Amanda Webb, her servants or agents in connection with this agreement shall be limited in aggregate to the price agreed to be paid by the Customer for the right to use the property for the period agreed.
13. Right of entry Amanda Webb, her servants or agents shall be allowed the right of entry to the property at all reasonable times for purposes of inspection or to carry out any necessary repairs or maintenance.
14. Children Guests must accept responsibility for the safety of their children.
15. Parking Cars should be parked in the drive of Twin Cottage and not on the forest verges outside of the property.
16. Miscellaneous These terms and conditions override and supersede all previous versions in any previous course of dealing between Amanda Webb and the Customer. In the event of any inconsistency between these terms & conditions and any other literature whether found on the Twin Cottage website or otherwise, the provisions of these terms & conditions will prevail. If any of these terms & conditions is prohibited by law or judged by a court to be unlawful, void or unenforceable, the provisions shall to the extent required be severed from this agreement and rendered ineffective as far as possible without modifying the remaining provisions of this agreement and shall not in any way affect any other circumstances or of the validity or enforcement of these terms & conditions. Amanda Webb does not warrant and is not responsible for the accuracy of any verbal information given or statements made by her or any of her servants or agents.